My client is a non-profit organization in the US that provides cybersecurity and information security advice globally. They're also considered an international organization with a host of defense and non-defense issues including but not limited to health-care, Military, Education, Business, and various different sectors..
They're looking to bring on a Cyber Defense Analyst Engineer Level 4 as a network defender with engineering skills (specialist position in their cyber defense center) with a focus to protect against network intrusions, system compromise and ADP (Advance Persistent Threats).
- Have DoD Top Secret (TS) Clearance and DHS Fitness Authorization or the eligibility to obtain and maintain it.
- Primary duty of this position is to protect against network intrusions, system compromises and Advance Persistent Threats(APT).
- Monitor and Secure IT networks in a classified and non-classified environment as a core member of the InfoSec Team.
- Troubleshoot and handle complex cyber security / related technical issues.
- Be able to hunt for malicious network activity, initiate response action, provide network security and traffic analysis.
- Monitor Network for attacks, intrusions, malicious software, performing incident response actions and remediation of infected systems.
- Actively conduct threat hunting for Advance Persistent Threats and threat emulation on the network
- Be able to generate periodic or ad-hoc security reports to provide relevant situational awareness for senior level executives.
- Operate and fine tune a suite of tools in the network security infrastructure.
- Facilitate automation; constantly maintain and upgrade our cyber security defensive posture.
- Spearhead the larger complex information security projects
- Develop and handle information security process for two or more InfoSec functional areas such as: Data Systems, Network, and Web/Intranet.
- Maintain extensive knowledge in networking, systems, databases, and/or web operations.
- Provide support and guidance to InfoSec team members and internal customers on security related operations: evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance InfoSec productivity and effectiveness.
- As a Cyber Defense Analyst, you'll also work to educate the InfoSec members and the organization about security policies and consult on security issues relating to user built/managed systems.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Masters or bachelor's degree in computer science or other related degrees.
- 6+ years of experience working in Security Operations role + Security Engineering experience with logging and tooling configuration
- Strong Technical and working knowledge of cyber security tools in Wireshark, tcpdump and other related network analysis tools.
- Expert experience performing network traffic analysis using flow logs, endpoint investigation using endpoint detection and response platform; SIEM and EDR content creation and tuning dedicated on detection of anomalous and malicious activities.
- Experience using SIEMs and other types of network security platforms.
- Have strong understanding in Cloud Security Principles, different attack vectors, corresponding prevention / detection given various network designs and defensible security.
- Have a solid understanding of various types of cyber-attacks and exploitation methods as well as understanding network security principles.
- Working experience with Linux and Windows servers.
- Candidate should know how to install and configure security tools.
- Experience working in Linux and Windows server environments.
- Strong system and network troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of federal cybersecurity compliance regulations
- Configure systems to comply with regulations
- Strong communication skills including writing system requirements, system specifications and compliance documentation.
- Preferred Certifications but not required: GCED, GMON, GCDA, GCIH, GDSA, CEH, AWS CCP, CISSP, and etc.
- Preferred experience includes: threat hunting, incident response, cloud security (configuration and log management).
Currently providing remote work, highly prefer candidate to be able to work in Santa Monica office. However, will consider permanent remote work for highly qualified candidates.
This is a Mid-Senior level position that pays $110,000-$130,000 with 5% bonus, medical, dental, vision coverages and 401k retirement.