MCLEAN, VA | TAMPA, FL | JERSEY CITY, NJ | BOSTON, MA | DALLAS, TX
Work Type: Hybrid
Glocomms is partnered with a global post-trade financial institution looking to bring on a seasoned AppSec professional to serve as a security architect in one of their primary offices. The client safeguards financial assets and processes over 100 million transactions each day. As such, this position has high impact potential and should serve as an advocate for a "security-first" culture within the greater organization.
- Spearhead a comprehensive application security roadmap, working closely with security, devops, and IT architecture teams to ensure efficient implementation
- Evaluate application security controls and make recommendations for improvements in alignment with standard architecture and InfoSec frameworks (ie. NIST, ISO)
- Analyze security posture and identify gaps in existing programming, overseeing appropriate remediation efforts
- Serve as an advocate for a strong security culture within technology teams and the larger organization; stay abreast of industry developments and present findings to internal teams and external industry stakeholders
- Mentor junior members of the application security team
- Minimum 6+ years in related security role, previous architecture and/or security strategy experience preferred
- Subject Matter Expertise in application security and the development of a secure CI/CD pipeline. Prior experience spearheading "shift-left" initiatives a plus
- Hands-on experience with ethical hacking or vulnerability assessment tools including scanners, fuzzers, debuggers, Web App pentesting
- Working familiarity with broader cybersecurity areas including network security, cloud security, perimeter security, etc.
- Strong understanding of relevant security frameworks (NIST, ISO)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field preferred, relevant certifications a plus (CISSP, CEH, etc.)
This is an actively hiring role with a high potential for internal growth and career development. Interested applicants must be willing to work on-site in one of the primary locations listed above 2-3 days per week and must show proof of vaccination or acceptable exemption as per company policy.
Unfortunately this employer is unable to offer sponsorship at this time.