Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical product support, configuration updates and tuning, system and software lifecycle maintenance and support.
- Collaborate closely with the customer to develop and support operational services and procedures that ensure product functionality is aligned with the customer's objectives and overall success with the value proposition of the deployed solution.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, &resolving technical customer issues
- Handling & resolving new customer cases via Support CRM System.
- Interfacing with other technical support personnel, engineering, & product management to escalate & resolve issues.
- Performing remote upgrade activities.
- Handling customer technical escalations
- Providing feedback from customers to product management and engineering teams via appropriate systems
- Authoring technical knowledge base articles for use by other technical support personnel and/or customers and partners.
- Participating in ATAC off-hours on-call rotation if needed.
- Strong Customer Relationship Management skills
- Strong Interpersonal, Teamwork, process development, and network troubleshooting skills.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- 2+ years' experience in technical product support with strong fundamental understanding of telecom network and routing environments.
- Advanced Networking Skills & strong understanding of the protocols surrounding enterpriseIP networks
- TCP/IP fundamentals,
- IP subnetting, super-netting and hierarchical routing protocols including BGP.
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.)
- Configuration experience /understanding of Cisco and Juniper router and switches preferred
Intermediate knowledge of Linux / Unix Operating System.
Understanding of enterprise protocols
- Web (HTTP, HTTPS)
- API (XML, REST)
- Email (POP/POP3, SMTP, IMAP/IMAP4)
- Database (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle)
- Others (SNMP, Telnet, SSH, FTP)