Title: Information Security Officer
Job Summary: The Information Security Officer is responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to protect an organization's information assets and technologies from different types of security breaches. They work closely with other members of the senior management team and the IT department to ensure information security is incorporated into all aspects of the business.
- Identifying and managing risks, conducting penetration tests, tracking network usage, and providing strategic directions.
- Performing security management and technical administration.
- Creating and maintaining a security role-based training program.
- Training new employees.
- Adhering to the state and the agency's information security policies.
- Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
- Degree in computer science or a technology-related field.
- Professional information security certification.
- Experience in an information security role.
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.