We've teamed up with an investment banking and securities company that caters to the requirements of private citizens, business entities, and governmental bodies. They are seeking an information security engineer to join their team.
This role will be hybrid based in New York.
- Utilizing software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), and version control systems (Git), work with other engineers to create and improve security automation scripts and tools.
- Conduct security assessments, risk analysis, and automation script development and implementation to support mitigation methods in order to discover potential vulnerabilities and threats.
- Create and keep up documentation for automation, such as policies, processes, and rules.
- Create and put into practice threat detection and incident response protocols.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience within cybersecurity or a related field.
- Strong familiarity with the technologies and protocols used in network security, such as TCP/IP, DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP/S, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, such as Python, Perl, or Bash, as well as familiarity with security automation technologies like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.