A world class proprietary energy trading firm in the Washington DC Metro area is seeking a talented and dynamic Data Scientist with a strong analytical skill set to provide direct support to traders. In this role, you will provide key insights and tools to the traders to enable them to strengthen the firm's portfolio.
- Building out data pipelines/creating trading tools.
- Building analytical processes and algorithms to support trading operations and optimization, working directly with traders and researchers
- Improving scalability and performance of trading infrastructure
- Understanding the future needs of the business and designing technical solutions to meet those demands
- Contributing to a wide range of projects, from frontend facing tools to backend infrastructure
- 2-10 years of experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience building and designing scalable solutions using Python and SQL
- Experience working on frontend projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition to a competitive base salary and annual cash bonus, this role uses a hybrid model with extremely flexible working hours. If you are looking to tackle complex challenges and think outside of the box, please apply today!