IT System Engineer - Hybrid
- Location : Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris
- Working language: French and English
- Mission length: 6 month renewable contract / long-term mission
- Start Date: ASAP
- Glocomms is working with leading IT service provider to assist them in their search for an experience System Engineer for a new, long-term project.
- Client offers a great opportunity for a long-term engagement.
- We have been partners with this client for over 6 years.
Involved in key transformation program, the System Engineer will implement new infrastructure or system solutions to cope with internal customer performance, scalability, and services expectation while always aligned with security and compliance expectations. Working hand in hand with international IT communities, IS competence centres as well as group end user support organisation, the engineer will ensure systems and infrastructure run as smooth and effective as possible. Other responsibilities include:
- Standardise monitoring, processes, tool, system, and documentation
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate services, policies, and procedures.
- Provide IT Services for all population, without exceptions
- Transform, support and maintain IT environments and manage related monitoring platforms.
- Manage applications integration with IS competence centres
- Build/maintain Infra and systems knowledge/skills level as well as keep up with new technologies, products, and versions.
- Maintain a good relationship with all internal customers.
- As expert and highest level of support, ensure hosting and system services delivery, including all incident & request, remain compliant with processes and SLA's.
- Keep hosting platform related procedures and documentation up to date.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Ensure a proper monitoring of infrastructure services and applications, propose optimisation.
- Preserve assets and information security
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience with ISO/IEC 27000 and ISO 9001:2015 certifications (one or multiple).
- Experience with ITIL processes.
- Knowledge in core services
- DatacenterVirtualization : WMware, vSphere, vROPS, vSAN, vRA, HyperV (optional)Database : SQL
- Server, Oracle, Postgres SQL o Monitoring : SCOM, Dynatrace
- Configuration Management : SCCM, Ansible
- Backup : Veeam, Netbackup
- Active Directory and related services
- Web publishing solutions
- Load balancer (KEMP)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure : VMware Horizon
- Knowledge in operating systems (OS) administration : Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, 2022, Linux
- Knowledge in scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, Python)
- Experience with Alarm and Monitoring, Automation and Orchestration platforms
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Is a confident, energetic self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and possessing of a high sense of urgency and personal integrity.
- Proven interpersonal skills and an ability to influence senior leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Experience in creating documentation such as technical architecture document and technical roadmaps.
- Strong curiosity to follow IT domain evolution and propose mid-long-term transformation programs.
- Strong ability to effectively interact and communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of external partner MSPs and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment including offshore teams.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent years of experience). [BAC+5]
- At least 5 years years of experience in IT technical positions.
- Background in Enterprise service, outsourcing, or CIO organisation is preferred.
- Fluent English
- Driver's license (B)
- Valid EU work permit
Get in touch now to find out more!
Tel: +44 20 7019 4105