An energy infrastructure start-up is seeking a skilled Senior Data Scientist to help deploy and maintain Virtual Power Plant (VPP) networks, ultimately providing multi-family homes with the benefits of renewable energy.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Extracting, processing, and modeling energy market data
- Reviewing data for accuracy anomalies, and completeness
- Developing short and long term forecasting models
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders regarding forecast methodology and analysis
- Staying current in regulatory requirements and market trends
- Support deploying and optimizing ML models and analytic work flows
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree (Master's of Ph.D preferred) in statistics, applied analytics, engineering, or other quantitative field
- 5 or more years of relevant experience, preferably within the energy industry
- Experience with econometric or statistical forecasting modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Python, R, and cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
This is a 100% remote opportunity featuring a competitive base salary, annual bonus, equity package, and unlimited PTO.
Don't miss this opportunity to help re-imagine the potential of renewable energy while working in a fun, fast-paced environment. Apply today!