Security Engineer | NYC Area | Hybrid Work Environment
Progressive and exciting Quantitative Trading Firm is seeking a creative and innovative Security Engineer that is passionate about cyber security to join their new Security Team. You'll have the opportunity to work closely with the Network and Desk Support teams to setup and maintain production security services. This opportunity provides a wealth of technical experience in cyber security within the organization.
Functions of the role:
- Design, implement, and maintain technical security solutions to protect firm's trading operations and network from internal and external threats
- Build strong relationships with internal teams and external vendors
- Design and deploy internal Public Key Infrastructure
- Enhance the overall security of SSH across the company and upgrade authorization mechanisms
- Upgrade secure Linux configurations and permissions
- Implement Zero Trust architecture
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or any related disciplines; Master's in information security is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security (security engineer, security architecture, network security, cloud security) and project management
- Strong scripting/programming experience with Python, PowerShell, Bash, Go, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Experience with Linux (Debian is a huge plus)
- Experience with Google Cloud is a plus!
- Experience with Cryptographic and Public Key Infrastructure
Nice to have certifications:
CISSP, CISM, CEH