- Translates long and short-term strategic business plans into designs and implementation plans for data architecture. Defines corporate standards for Technology in support of those strategic business plans.
- Works with Infrastructure, Application Development, Information Security and Product Management to ensure product and project implementations conform to the enterprise standards and support the enterprise strategy.
- Leads the architecture and design of shared enterprise technology solutions
- Develops and documents data architecture solutions, including technical designs, guidelines and standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects, assuring consistency to enterprise-wide solutions and feeding lessons-learned back into the enterprise architecture process.
- Promotes awareness of and reuse of existing data designs
- Maintains understanding of existing DTCC applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of data designs and for the consolidation of designs.
- Identifies and researches opportunities for converging diverse DTCC solutions to a common data architecture.
- Leads and enables collaboration across technology specialties - ensures that Application Development, Infrastructure, Information Security and Architecture are all working together
- Maintains understanding of emerging data architecture concepts and methods and associated technology trends.
- Conducts presentations and education on Architecture's concepts and solutions to appropriate areas of DTCC.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of professional data-related experience in the financial services industry; 5+ years enterprise-level data architecture experience; specific experience required:
- Standards development and adoption
- Evaluation of vendor products that provide architecture-level components
- Sustained full-lifecycle technical leadership on data-intensive development projects (e.g. data warehouse, data lake, data transport systems, metadata management systems, data quality, analytics & reporting)
- Deep expertise in data management, data architecture, metadata management, data integration, data governance, data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical), data transport, data quality, and master data management.
- Solid understanding of agile development methodologies
- Solid grasp of distributed and cloud-based data technologies and analytics tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and architecture marketplace
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Functional knowledge: ITIL, IT Governance, asset management, cost visibility
- Supervision Exercised: This is a senior level individual contributor role who works with each line of business to define and guide them in implementing the enterprise data strategy.