Network Expert - Lan, Wan, Wifi
Duration: 1 year rolling contract
Start: February 2024
Remote: 2 days per week onsite
I have partnered with a leading supplier of key technologies in Italy, who are looking for a Freelance Network Engineer with strong LAN, WAN and Wireless skills.
The profile they are in search for is an expert, working on the field doing implementation and operations for their 2 year project.
You will be a part of the IR and Network Infrastructure Team, activities will consist in the management, installation and design of:
- Lan architectures in Campus and Data-Center environments
- Networks with advanced router protocols (eg OSPF, BGP) using VRF
- Controller-based WiFi networks with advanced authentication and policing systems
- Campus security management and Data Center bases (Firewalling)
- Experience in management, implementation and design of Lan, Wan and Wireless networks
- Minimum level of Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching certification (OSPF & BGP)
- Switch configuration for Lan Campus networks (eg MST, 802.1Q, VSS, Port-Channel protocols)
- Ability to manage solutions and configuration of Cisco Nexus 2000, 5000 and Catalyst 65xx, 9xxx devices with in-depth knowledge of the related protocols.
- Knowledge and implementation capabilities of Cisco WiFi solutions (Classic controller-based solution and Cloud Meraki solution)
- Skill and experience in troubleshooting Lan, Wan and WiFi networks
- Experience in security (Cisco ASA platforms, PaloAlto)
- Knowledge of the Cisco ACI platform (Cisco Nexus Data Center)
Please note this is an English speaking mission - Italian is a bonus.
The candidate must be available to an on-duty shift, on weekly base (normally one week every four).