Glocomms are currently working with a multi-national telecommunications provider who are searching for a network expert that can take up a long-term freelance project of 12 months.
The project focuses on 2 main railway stations. President Macron will take the Olympic flame from the airport on the metro to the Olympic village. This is a project focusing on the architecture and engineering of these two stations to ensure everything runs smoothly. My client is looking for someone to take the conception and make it reality.
Office Location: Paris, Malakoff
Work Location: Hybrid work, 2 days telework per week
Duration: 12 months (extension possible)
Start: ASAP (target 4th September
Title of role: Network Expert / Project Leader
The Project Architect must master the technical solution and translate the needs expressed by third parties (consortium with 2 other companies, technical interfaces) into actions to be carried out by the engineering team. He is :
- Technical expert who guarantees the technical coherence of the client's solution
- Technical lead : coordinates the technical documentation work, validation and activation of the network engineers involved in the project
- He has a strong overview of the technical solution.
- He is the main technical point of contact.
The work of the engineering team can be divided as follows:
- Technical documentation (global system, documentation by interface...)
- Validation on test platform (with each technical interface)
- Activation of the solution (network activation, service activation, debugging, acceptance tests, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical leadership - You are expected to be able to take the lead role in projects, managing less experienced engineers to ensure a successful outcome to the project.
- Previous experience in an ITIL and/or railway project context (SNCF, RATP) will be a real plus.
- Cisco ASR, Juniper Amix, IP/MPLS for telecoms
- Experience with Telecoms project
- Experienced (>10 years) in network engineering in operator environments
- Ability to work in a team
- Ethernet, IP, MPLS;
- LDP, mLDP, RSVP-TE, SR-TE, BGP4, MP-BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, PIM, IGMP, VLAN stacking, Sync E, IEEE1588v2;
- MPLS Layer 2 Services (VPLS, VLL);
- MPLS Layer 3 Services (VPN IP unicast)
- MPLS Layer 2/3 Services (EVPN-MPLS, EVPN-VXLAN)
- Infrastructure Data Center with "Spine & Leaf" topology
- Data Center Interconnexion (DCI)
In addition :
- This project is characterized by a strong project management / thorough process :
- Even if the profile sought is not a "project manager", his work (interactions, documentation, etc.) must fit into this context.
- The project has to respect a strict schedule (potential penalties for the consortium and for the client in case of delay).
If you are interested in this position please send your cv and availability to talk