My client is one of the largest telecommunication organisations in France and they're looking for a Mobile Radio 4G/5G engineer/architect to join their exciting team working on the latest technologies.
Context of the position:
- The customer entrusts with the operation of its 4G/5G PMR network and the deployment of its extensions.
- The core network and the operation of the network are based in Toulouse, but the network is deployed in different European factories.
- The candidate will be in charge of a double mission
o Technical Account Manager PMR: the mission is described in the following page and will be part of the client's PMR network,
o PMR Expert Engineer: the candidate will actively participate in the deployment of PMR networks, including mainly that of the customer. In this context, it will carry out the following activities
- Pre-sales activities: definition of architectures, technical proposals, load assessments,
- Architecture: participation in architectural activities on projects,
- Deployment: configuration and validation of PMR solution at our customers.
o Initially the candidate will be responsible for deployment activities at his main client, being fully integrated into the Build team.
o The network being set up, the activity will evolve towards a 50% TAM and 50% expert engineer
o In these 2 roles, the candidate will be 100% integrated into the Build and Run PMR teams
The candidate being the TAM of a PMR 4G/5G network, must understand the End to End issues of such a network:
- Architecture of a 4G/5G network,
- Roles and functions of equipment,
- Call processing and management mechanisms,
- Day-to-day network administration, incident management and major network procedures, such as the deployment of new software versions
- It should be noted that during the first phase of the position (deployment phase at the customer) an increase in skills in the areas that he does not master, will be ensured
- The candidate in his role as an expert engineer must demonstrate a real technical skill ranging from the design phases to the deployment and validation phases.
- PMR networks being critical for customers, the candidate must demonstrate rigor in the method and technique.
Behavioral skills: the candidate being the customer's technical interface must demonstrate
- Reactivity during network incidents, by understanding the situation, proposing an action plan and managing its execution,
- A strong sense of communication, allowing to manage the communication of the client in case of incidents,
- Methodology, whether in the implementation of processes and methods and in the planning of activities
- Initiative to bring innovative or corrective actions to the network,
- His ability to manage conflicts.
* English and travel: as the network is deployed in different countries, the candidate must demonstrate very good oral and written English. Occasional travel is expected.
* Bac + 5 with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the field
If you're interested in the position please send your CV, alongside the best time to discuss the opportunity further.