Lead Java Developer | Negotiable Salary |
Our client is a fintech company with focus on financial clearing and settlement services for the US financial markets. They play a critical role in the efficient functioning of US Capital Markets, and develop solutions to help it's clients secure and shape the future growth & development of their global financial marketplace.
- Develop applications in compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Align risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor & mitigate risk
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers on mature ways of working, continuous integration, & continuous delivery
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in both front end and/or back-end application development
- Experience to include the following technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), Spring, CSS, Angular and/or React, Postgres and Oracle DBs, solid understanding of AWS services and Unix.
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins
- Knowledge of different software development methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Staying current on changes in your specialist area and seeking out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization & communicates openly.
- Passion for technology innovation, a curious mind, and an entrepreneurial mentality.
Bonus Points If You…
- Know the latest on changes in their own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- Working knowledge of Distributed Ledger Technology Preferred. Python scripting skills, AWS developer or solutions architect certification a plus.
- Communicate and collaborate openly with team members and others.
- Resolve disagreements between colleagues effectively, minimizing the impact on the wider team.
- Work with the team to review deliverables and ensure quality and accuracy.
- Adhere to established rules and procedures when performing work.
- Mentoring programs
- Vision, Medical, Dental Insurance plans
- 25+ PTO days annually
- 401(K) Match
- Annual bonus potential
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth & career advancement
- Flexible hours & priority on work/life balance
- Join a smaller team within a large, stable company
- Join in a HYRBID setting in Tampa, FL, McLean, VA, Dallas, TX, OR Boston, MA
**CLIENT IS UNABLE TO SPONSOR AT THIS TIME**
If this position interests you, please don't wait to apply