Data Loss Prevention Analyst
Leading Global Hedge Fund
$100-150k + $50K Bonus
New York City OR Chicago
Cyber Security consultants and analysts ready to prove their value in a new security unit for a top hedge fund… we're looking for you! The world's leading asset manager is actively seeking a hands-on cyber security wiz to manage and respond to ongoing alerts, provide policy suggestions, sift through data, prevent threats from becoming much bigger issues, etc. with the long-term goal being better integration analysis in ongoing security surveillance.
The right person for this role is a confident individual contributor, always eager to learn and bring more to the table. Driven self-starters with prior experience in DLP Analytics and an interest in forensics are encouraged to apply! Additional qualities that really stand out to this firm are efficiency, and for every problem bringing multiple solutions to the table. This position falls within the Legal and Compliance business unit; while you'll still work with the Information Security team, this position specifically will be exposed to all aspects of the firm's business… making it a unique and exciting overall opportunity! What are you waiting for?
*This position is remote until at least January 2021.
- 1-5 years professional experience directly related to one or more of the following:
- Information Security Technology support role
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Technology support and event handling
- Strong analytical skills to identify complex security issues with technical understanding of when to escalate impacting security events
- Relevant Data Loss Prevention experience writing detection policies and response actions on the platform
- Ability to independently research and solve technical issues, and convey security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Functional knowledge and administrative experience on Windows, Mac and UNIX/Linux Platforms
- Completed BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Confident individual contributor, performing systems and network information analysis of data loss prevention incidents to the network infrastructure, data center servers, workstations, etc. in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Day-to-day coordination and collaboration with a wide array of cybersecurity teams and business units regarding DLP Operations and Response
- Monitor and respond to alerts generated from the DLP systems and other technologies, understanding and following the incident response process through event escalations
- Analyze and triage alerts related to protection of intellectual property and critical assets, working to drive requirements and improvements in the program
Perks / Benefits:
- Extremely competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits
- Positive company culture for financial sector + generous vacation days