Cyber Security Analyst
90K - 118K
A worldwide leader in digital payments is looking to add a Cyber Security Analyst to their team! As the Cybersecurity Analyst you will be supporting a 24x7x365 global security operations center. This is an opportunity to join one of the world's most innovative and popular companies while being exposed to emerging and exciting technologies daily.
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 3+ years of Security Operations Center (SOC) work experience with a Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of related experience in Cybersecurity or computer network defense role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related technical discipline or equivalent professional experience related to Cybersecurity, Incident Response, or information security.
- Relevant security-related certifications a plus - CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GCED, GCFA, CySA+.
- Proven subject matter ability in relevant areas, such as incident response, intrusion analysis, malware analysis, web application security or security engineering.
- Strong knowledge of malware families and network attack vectors.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and internetworking technology including packet analysis, routing, and network security defenses.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Windows & Linux), network services and applications.
- Demonstrated experience in an enterprise-level incident response team or security operations center.
- Direct experience in handling cyber security incidents and associated incident response tools.
- Must be able to commute to Ashburn, VA twice a week.
- Monitor Information Security alerts using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to triage, mitigate, and escalate issues as needed while capturing essential details and artifacts.
- Utilize sensor data and correlated logs containing AV, IDS, Windows events, Web Proxy, and similar data to establish context and rule out false positives.
- Mitigate and contain identified threats using approved incident response methodologies. Initiate escalation procedures and incident response processes as defined in operational plan.
- Perform analysis of security alerts to evaluate risk, determine containment action and identify required preventative measures.
- Ensure proper documentation of security incidents including attack details.
- Interact and aid other investigative teams within Visa on time sensitive, critical investigations.
- Provide feedback to peer teams to enhance security sensor and improve detection capability.
- Collaborate with operational support teams to ensure they are actively engaged in addressing potential security threats that can impact business.
- Contribute to projects that enhance the security posture of the enterprise.
- Operationalize actionable Threat Intelligence reports from internal and external sources.
- Identify trends, potential new technologies, and emerging threats which may impact the business.
- Respond to incoming reports of security incidents from the organization via calls and emails.
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Growth potential - room for upward mobility within the company.
If interested in the Cyber Security Analyst role, apply now!